Sunday, January 19, 2014

Blog Assignment #1

I am currently a junior at the University of South Alabama. I have only taken a few courses before this class at South. In that short amount of time, my classmates have informed me that this is the hardest class you have to take as an Education major. They said it is very time consuming and requires a lot of hard work. My classmates also have stated that if you do all of your work and keep up with the course you will be fine. Dedication is the key.

I am excited about my journey in EDM 310 but also nervous. My fears in EDM 310 are that I will get lost in this class and never be able to catch up. It is nice to know that if I do get lost or have a question someone will be there to help.

EDM 310 is very different from courses I have taken in high school and in college.However,there are a few similarities. First,in every class you should be prepared to work hard. A second similarity is most activities are on the internet. The major difference is that EDM310 focuses on self -regulated learning.In other classes, usually you read a chapter and then take a test on it. Then the cycle repeats. This class is also different because it gives you an opportunity to learn about and utilize the tools on the computer that you will use in the future.

The most difficult thing for me will be learning how to use all the programs. I have never used Google docs and I have never had a blog. I just need to navigate and explore those sites. Once I become familiar with these sites I should adjust. This class seems very overwhelming at first.

The best way for me to address the most difficult aspect of this course is to stay calm. I will be on time and check the blog everyday. Then, I will read all the information that is provided for this course. I will ask questions and use the internet to help solve any problems I come across. I have a few questions. 1. How quickly will we receive feedback on our blogs? 2. How do we know if we are doing the blog correctly?

ThinkPositive

2 comments:

  1. You take classes to learn - not to show off what you knew already.

    You will get feedback from the staff (me and/or a Lab assistant) every week by Sunday midnight. You should get feedback from another classmate in that same time frame. We hope your classmates' comments will be helpful to you rather than just testing you that you are great and walk on water.

    As you now know you will have a rubric to evaluate your own performance.



    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brittany. I too have heard stories that EDM 310 is the hardest class to take as an Education major. I also believe that this class will be very beneficial as future educators. Remember to stay focused, check the class blog daily, and ask questions. Good Luck in EDM 310!

    ReplyDelete